anastasia review | peertube, growstuff, walking tour of japan
Tue, Nov. 12th, 2019 07:13 amI went to see the Anastasia musical over the weekend (the first show of the season here in Orange County) and it was mostly good.
Favorite bits: the costumes, the humorous song with Vlad and Lily, the ballet dancers at the Paris opera, the set design (especially the train!). Everyone was a good singer.
Unfavorite bits: the Anastasia actor talked. like. THIS!! the whole dang time (very distracting), the decision to change the villain from Rasputin to a conflicted officer (for realism? but the song we lost was so good...), Dmitri was not charming.
I don't regret going but I probably won't go see it again tbh.
I guess Medium's in financial trouble, or soon will be, because Pinboard creator recommends Medium creators dump the platform and self-host. One of the benefits of Medium is being able to share articles with a wide audience, whereas a blog needs to build views and visitors to be as effective. However, everyone should at the very least be backing up their articles to their own sites.
A shorter work week to help the planet?:
Peertube, a federated video hosting platform, released version 2 today. I have yet to explore Peertube, but I'm looking for a good instance to join, if anyone has recommendations!
Here's a list of LGBTQ indie games, many of which are free.
Starting a garden in the spring and want to keep track of stuff? Growstuff might be the website for you. Features include a garden journal, harvest predicitons, forums, lots of pictures of plants and seeds, a trading system, and a community map.
This might be one of my new favorite things: someone walking around Japan with a GoPro strapped to their body and NO background music:
Favorite bits: the costumes, the humorous song with Vlad and Lily, the ballet dancers at the Paris opera, the set design (especially the train!). Everyone was a good singer.
Unfavorite bits: the Anastasia actor talked. like. THIS!! the whole dang time (very distracting), the decision to change the villain from Rasputin to a conflicted officer (for realism? but the song we lost was so good...), Dmitri was not charming.
I don't regret going but I probably won't go see it again tbh.
I guess Medium's in financial trouble, or soon will be, because Pinboard creator recommends Medium creators dump the platform and self-host. One of the benefits of Medium is being able to share articles with a wide audience, whereas a blog needs to build views and visitors to be as effective. However, everyone should at the very least be backing up their articles to their own sites.
A shorter work week to help the planet?:
Advocates for a Green New Deal that includes a reduced work week are looking to challenge the assumption that growth is always good. A reduced work week without salary cuts would be one among many steps to rebuild an economy based not on the pursuit of growth but of sufficiency.
Peertube, a federated video hosting platform, released version 2 today. I have yet to explore Peertube, but I'm looking for a good instance to join, if anyone has recommendations!
Here's a list of LGBTQ indie games, many of which are free.
Starting a garden in the spring and want to keep track of stuff? Growstuff might be the website for you. Features include a garden journal, harvest predicitons, forums, lots of pictures of plants and seeds, a trading system, and a community map.
This might be one of my new favorite things: someone walking around Japan with a GoPro strapped to their body and NO background music:
no subject
Date: Nov. 12th, 2019 05:04 pm (UTC)(It's getting to that time of year so now I want to listen to that soundtrack again...)
no subject
Date: Nov. 12th, 2019 05:09 pm (UTC)When I had a set schedule I once had a Sunday to Thursday shift and really liked it because that Friday was useful for all sorts of reasons. But people taking leisure also go to restaurants, parks, entertainment venues, etc. So somebody's still going to have to cover those hours and it might mean they're more crowded than ever.
no subject
Date: Nov. 12th, 2019 05:10 pm (UTC)