tozka: title character sitting with a friend (Default)
[personal profile] tozka
A selection of links and comments:

1. I've been exploring the Network, Latest Things, and Random Journal pages. The first is under the Read tab, the latter two under Explore. It's a good way to find new people/comms/posts to read, and it's almost like wandering though the suggested feeds page on Tumblr.

2. Found this on one of the above explorations: Great British Bake-Off Watch Order for Netflix people.

3. Use comic sans font to write faster. Wish I had known about this in grad school.

4. Tomorrow, December 17th, is Pornday on Dreamwidth. Post stuff!

4b. 12/17 is also Tumblr Death Day. What are you planning to do with your accounts? I'm waffling between deleting mine or just abandoning it.

5. Harry Potter and the Secret Gay Love Story: The Harry Potter years also happened to coincide with the Wild West era of the internet and the rise of abstinence-only sex education; as a result, for better or for worse, erotic Harry Potter fan fiction played a major and under-discussed role in millennial sexual development. This was especially true if you were queer—or, not to put too fine a point on it, if you were me—and had picked up on the secret gay love story that existed between the lines of Rowling’s text.

I refer, of course, to Sirius and Lupin.


6. Comm plug of the week: [community profile] zines_not_mags, which could use some more members and posts and activity, like many of the poor comms on DW.

7. I figured out how to upload a custom mood theme AND I found one with K9. ♥

How has your week been? Found any interesting tidbit? Share in the comments!

Date: Dec. 16th, 2018 06:05 pm (UTC)
thisbluespirit: (Default)
From: [personal profile] thisbluespirit
Aw, K9 mood theme!!!

Date: Dec. 16th, 2018 06:35 pm (UTC)
runpunkrun: the doctor's blue police call box in a field (tardis)
From: [personal profile] runpunkrun
Cute mood theme!

Date: Dec. 16th, 2018 10:21 pm (UTC)
sankseas: puppycat swimming with crab (Default)
From: [personal profile] sankseas
3. Ooooooh!! I'm a transcriptionist & I wish I could use that comic sans trick for work lol (but sadly, our tool doesn't allow font choice. I'll have to up my WMP the old fashioned way.) I'll definitely have to try it when I write, though :O

4b. I'm waffling, too. I'd like to take a hard stance & delete, but ... I get a lot of commissions from there & I haven't started mirroring on Twitter, yet. I'll have to settle for ghosting. If it gets even more awful, I will delete.

6. I'm in a few fanzines right now! It's been great fun to work with everyone. Maybe when they come in, I'll check out the comm?

My week has been weird ... had a lot of abrupt changes. A little jarring. Oh well, next week is tomorrow!! Hope you have a good one!!!

Date: Dec. 18th, 2018 04:49 pm (UTC)
sankseas: puppycat swimming with crab (Default)
From: [personal profile] sankseas
It was hard to not check the blogs I usually do during breaks :'D I've checked today & everything's like this past week so far, except a new staff post. The same problems are still happening :/

Started mirroring my pro art blog to twitter & it feels so weird to use a new social media ... Dreamwidth doesn't count cause I started on Livejournal lol.

Date: Dec. 20th, 2018 07:47 pm (UTC)
sankseas: puppycat swimming with crab (Default)
From: [personal profile] sankseas
Oh, for sure! After kicking the habit, it was pretty nice to be away.

Gotta say, after watching it for a few days, tumblr has gotten worse. You have to jump through a lot of hoops to see what posts have been flagged & even more to request an unflagging. They've messed with image quality, too, which is super bad for my pro art blog :/ Heard they're shadowbanning blogs ...

Date: Dec. 17th, 2018 05:22 am (UTC)
firstlovelatespring: Photo of a white flower. (Default)
From: [personal profile] firstlovelatespring
3. I really want to try out the Comic Sans thing! I just finished the last of my writing-related work for the semester so it's too late for that, but the next fic I write.... step aside, Arial!

4b. I just deleted my tumblr tonight! I don't think I really would have been affected by the new filters to be honest but I just felt like it was time to move on

7. Cute mood theme!! I'm really looking forward to messing around with css for my theme when I have time. I like web design but it hasn't come up in any of my computer science classes since the first week of intro.

Date: Dec. 17th, 2018 05:56 am (UTC)
potofsoup: (Default)
From: [personal profile] potofsoup
omg K9! Such sass, what a good doggie. Thanks for all the fun links!

Date: Dec. 17th, 2018 08:22 am (UTC)
elij_0650: ojisan (Default)
From: [personal profile] elij_0650
Thanks for the suggestions to try "Network, Latest Things, and Random Journal pages" I used to see who the people I followed on LJ followed & follow too, but many of my circle have gone away and I'm lost finding new things.

I'm still trying to get the hang of posting images. It wasn't a thing when I first came here from LJ and I didn't have a camera or phone so no problem.
Times have changes and I need to illuminate my posts but I am missing something in the instructions.
*sigh*

Date: Dec. 17th, 2018 08:35 pm (UTC)
corvidology: Love Actually - confusion over crib scene ([EMO] CONFUSED)
From: [personal profile] corvidology
I tried the Comic Sans thing just to prove how ridiculous it is. Yeah... I'm truly amazed by how many words I wrote last night.

Date: Dec. 18th, 2018 02:46 pm (UTC)
corvidology: Cuppa from Sean of the Dead ([EMO] CUPPA)
From: [personal profile] corvidology
It also made spotting mistakes and editing easier.

Style Credit

A Quote

“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”
― Terry Pratchett, Lords and Ladies
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios