tozka: stack of VHS tapes, some hand-labeled (computer vhs tape stack)
[personal profile] tozka

I never was much of a Gap fan, but if you were (or if you just really like 90s music), you might want to check this out: Gap In-Store Playlists 1992 to 2006

How Has the Sailor Moon Fandom Changed Since 2000?

It’s always hard looking back on the past because it’s far too easy to come across as either overly critical or to glorify “the good old days.” While I look fondly on those days of my misspent youth running my own *Sailor Moon* fan site, moderating *Sailor Moon* message boards, and even staying up late into the night arguing with people on guest books about things that didn’t really matter, I realize that it’s the ***memories*** that I treasure and not necessarily the events themselves that were important.

Another background music website to add into your rotation: Sounds of Disneyland.

On January 1st another huge bunch of creative works went into the public domain! More info here from Duke's Center for the Study of the Public Domain.

Speaking of the public domain, beloved public domain ebook provider Project Gutenberg got a face-lift over the summer and looks mildly more modern than before.

This is a stylized Youtube playlist focused on the 1990s. Kinda fun! There's also a playlists for the 1970s and 1980s.

Window Swap shows videos out of people's windows from across the world. You can submit your own window, too.

Presented without comment:

Date: Jan. 11th, 2021 01:17 pm (UTC)
jesse_the_k: Toaster says 'I want you inside me' to slice of bread who replies 'that's hot' (consensual breakfast)
From: [personal profile] jesse_the_k

You didn’t have to put in a comment because you knew we would.

Oh Em Gee

Even tho English country music is my jam, ive not heard a hurdy-gurdy in a long while. And I just adore “a book made of chrome.” As well as the antique video effect during singing.

Date: Jan. 11th, 2021 09:01 pm (UTC)
yourlibrarian: Intrigue-crushd72 (BUF-Intrigue-crushd72)
From: [personal profile] yourlibrarian
Bunch of good links, thanks! Although I'd think it would be better to do playlists by year rather than decade, as it would be a great way of exposing people to songs they may not have heard as much or at all at the time.

Style Credit

A Quote

“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”
― Terry Pratchett, Lords and Ladies
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios