tozka: sleeping woman (breakfast at tiffany's sleeping)
[personal profile] tozka
So I always WRITE journal entries and comments from my desktop, but I READ other people's entries on my phone. I keep a lot of open windows of posts I want to respond to, but couldn't figure out a way to copy them over to my desktop. Since switching to Firefox on both phone and desktop, I'm now able to do just that! Ha! Now if only I could figure out a way to add links to my Pinboard through the Firefox app...

1. [community profile] hp_iconchallenge is a new icon community for Harry Potter icons! I've been wanting to get back into icon making (after a 8 year hiatus...) but wasn't sure if icon-making was really still a THING. So it's nice to see new icon communities pop up, shows there's still interest in them.

2. [personal profile] jesse_the_k put together a reading list of Dreamwidth-local posts, including some discussions about friending on DW, Pillowfort, and social media.

3. We’re all Just Starting to Realize the Power of Personal Data on Wired -- yeah, actually, even my PARENTS (hardcore Facebook users) are starting to worry about what's happening to their data online.

4. [community profile] fandomtrumpshate, a "pan-fandom fanworks auction dedicated to supporting those who are most vulnerable under the current United States presidential administration" is opening signups on January 6th.

5. [personal profile] jesse_the_k put together a fun MCU fanfic recommendation list with some "weirdly specific themes" such as Coulson is a Gentleman Detective.

6. It may be Sunday, but it's never too late to leave a comment on [personal profile] jjhunter's Follow Friday post asking for 5 fanfics or other serial media you're currently following!

6b. Mine are: On the Strength of the Evidence series (Granchester); Possible series (Fantastic Beasts); If This Be Error (Yuri!!! On Ice); The Slow Seduction of Eddie Brock (Venom); What You Need (Venom).

6c. I have some more fics I'm subscribed to but they haven't been updated in years. ;_; But there's always hope!

6d. This reminded me that Sin Eater (Credence/Original!Percival Graves) by [personal profile] xzombiekittenx is finished now and I should probably catch up on reading it! I loved the first few chapters; definitely recommend it if you're into Fantastic Beasts fics.

7. When I first decided to build my site, I knew I wanted to join a bunch of fanlistings. At the time, I thought they were a dying fan thing, but that turned out to be an incorrect assumption! There are new ones being made all the time! I've joined six so far, and am working on joining more. You don't need a site to join a fanlisting; if you're interested, there's the Anime Fanlistings Network and the The Fanlistings Network to look through and get you started.

7b. Looking through fanlisting membership lists is a good way to peep on other people's personal homepages. I am SUPER INTERESTED in seeing what people put on their homepage, and if they're updating it regularly, and all that. Most of the ones I've been checking are either dead, or not updated in years, which is sad. :(

7c. If you have a homepage, please link it in the comments so I can peep at it.

Date: Dec. 30th, 2018 08:12 pm (UTC)
corvidology: Cuppa from Sean of the Dead ([EMO] CUPPA)
From: [personal profile] corvidology
My lovely mate [personal profile] tinny is heavily involved with icon challenges if you want to see what coms she participates in.

Date: Dec. 30th, 2018 08:29 pm (UTC)
thisbluespirit: (Default)
From: [personal profile] thisbluespirit
1. Icons are still a thing! [community profile] iconthat is fun, and [community profile] icontalking is a good central place (I think they may actually be run/have been run by [personal profile] tinny, so, yes). [community profile] fandom_icons and [community profile] icons are the places to post batches/links and find some, plus there are still a few other more specific icon challenge comms going.

Thanks for all the links!

Date: Dec. 31st, 2018 02:32 am (UTC)
aka_vamp: Illyria (Default)
From: [personal profile] aka_vamp
There are pinboard extensions for both desktop and mobile firefox :)

Date: Jan. 6th, 2019 12:57 am (UTC)
aka_vamp: Illyria (Default)
From: [personal profile] aka_vamp
Oh! My bad. It's actually a third party app. I use PinDroid. You can share to it from the browser like any other app to save links and open the app to use your bookmarks.

Date: Dec. 31st, 2018 09:49 am (UTC)
potofsoup: (Default)
From: [personal profile] potofsoup
hmmm.... are you looking for personal homepage, or fandom blog? For the former, I'm at http://sushux.net , which is updated basically whenever I am job-hunting, and for the latter, I mostly kept my tumblr until they unceremoniously deleted me without warning. :)

Date: Dec. 31st, 2018 03:09 pm (UTC)
sankseas: puppycat swimming with crab (Default)
From: [personal profile] sankseas
Wanted to say good luck with your website!! :O I've got -2 stats in website know-how, so it really blows my mind! So awesome!!

(also, got those Venom fics bookmarked lol)

Date: Dec. 31st, 2018 10:39 pm (UTC)
askalis: Alis by Alis. (Default)
From: [personal profile] askalis
When I first decided to build my site, I knew I wanted to join a bunch of fanlistings.
Fanlistings! :O

Now you're just making me nostalgic (and making me want to update my old fanlisting script, hah... even though TFL banned its use. :P)

Date: Jan. 6th, 2019 10:52 pm (UTC)
alisx: Sketch of a slightly different-looking edgy-looking smiley face. (Default)
From: [personal profile] alisx
TBH I never really... liked TFL precisely because I wasn't into their whole "only fanlistings approved by US are REAL fanlistings!" shtick. Give me the days of cliques and webrings, where anyone could and did run anything they damn well wanted to, instead! :O

Date: Jan. 1st, 2019 11:55 am (UTC)
enchantedsleeper: Hello Kitty holding a pencil (Default)
From: [personal profile] enchantedsleeper
Ah, icons :D I used to have a great collection of those that I had saved in a folder on an old computer. I've probably got them stored on a hard drive somewhere; I should dig them out...

Style Credit

A Quote

“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”
― Terry Pratchett, Lords and Ladies
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios